National Account Manager - Dallas
The National Account Manager is responsible for achieving the revenue and profit plans/goals of selling to strategic national and regional customers.
- Develop, update, maintain and execute an approved annual national accounts sales plan that includes developing target account prospects, their sales cycle plans, their projected revenue, their projected decision dates, and their projected implementation/first service dates.
- Create and maintain outstanding professional business relationships with key executive level decision making contact(s) and multiple/various coaches, implementers and influencers within current and prospective regional/national roof maintenance and repair services accounts.
- Utilize consultative selling skills to learn about the prospect/customer’s business and marketplace, the existing roofing maintenance and repair service needs of the business, and the decision maker’s individual, corporate and/or departmental needs to position NRP products and services as the answer to the existing needs, and to develop additional applications for current or future NRP products and services, and to motivate and move the decision maker(s) to desired decisions, next actions, or next steps in the sales cycle.
- Develop a comprehensive NRP portfolio management program including roof maintenance and repair services, or develop enhancements/updates to existing NRP roof maintenance and repair services program to meet the identified needs of current and prospective customers.
- Prepare and present NRP portfolio management program including roof replacement, roof maintenance and repair services proposals, presentations, price quotes and RFP responses that demonstrate an understanding of the customer/prospect needs, that illustrate features, advantages and benefits of NRP services as an answer to the customer/prospect needs, and that profitably position NRP services to address the identified customer/prospect needs.
- Partner with other National Account Managers, Account Executives, sales support, marketing, and Partner personnel to ensure that locations of new national/regional/multi location accounts that are located within other sales territories receive the appropriate number of sales calls to introduce the new program, sell it away from the current vendor, and secure service start dates.
- In conjunction with the NRP sales and administrative staff, responsible for the leadership/management of new account roll outs and implementations to maximize location participation in the newly sold program.
- Responsible for the creation, delivery and presentation of Quarterly Service Reviews to the assigned account base.
- Penetrate current accounts for the solicitation of new customer locations/departments and to propose and sell new or additional NRP products and services.
- Assist the VP of Revenue in the training of newly hired National Account Managers and other sales staff. This may include being assigned one or more newly hired National Account Manager(s) to train for an indefinite period of time.
- Schedule sales calls via specific appointments versus utilizing non time specific drop in calls.
- Maintain a weekly average of 6 in person sales calls that have specific sales call objectives that start, continue or close a sales cycle, and/or start, maintain, or further develop the business relationship with a current or prospective customer.
- Complete and submit a weekly sales call plan, a weekly sales call results report, a weekly target account update and a monthly sales plan update.
- Work within the pricing, products and services guidelines established.
- Ensure all customer calls are returned within 4 hours of receipt of call.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the Partners and work with the field operations teams of our Partners to ensure national account roofing maintenance and repair service programs are successfully implemented and maintained.
- Work within NRP’s Policies and Procedures guidelines.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the activities above.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Four years outside business to business sales experience with at least two years of specific multi-location/regional/national account sales experience where you were the primary sales contact to the primary decision makers for an entire region or country of large national and regional accounts (F1000 type corporate accounts).
- Must be able to demonstrate a consistent history of attaining monthly, quarterly and annual revenue plans/goals. Must have had, and attained formal annual, quarterly and monthly revenue plans/goals.
- Experience in a defined geographic sales territory, utilizing a “Named Account” approach and demonstrating strong time and territory planning skills.
- Experience in the creation and execution of annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly national account sales territory plans.
- Experience and demonstrated success in selling a blend of large accounts from both an annual revenue ($500,000+ per account) and number of locations (30-500+ per account) perspective.
- Significant experience working via appointments and demonstrated success in getting appointments via the telephone.
- Experience and comfort with, and an ability to utilize and demonstrate consultative sales skills.
- A strong understanding of the sales cycle required to sell large multi location regional and national accounts.
- Experience in prospect identification and development, and in keeping the suspect/prospect funnel full and active at all times.
- Experience and success in account penetration sales (departments/locations/divisions, and products/services).
- Experience in creating and leading successful account growth and management strategies/plans including account penetration, service, price increases, maintenance and retention, as well as being the primary manager of the business relationship with the primary contact(s) of the customer/prospect.
- Demonstrated successes in short, medium and long business service sales cycles.
- Demonstrated successes in leading new sales program implementations in multi-location accounts.
- Thorough understanding of, and previous formal classroom environment training in one or more of the following: Consultative Selling Skills, Professional Selling Skills, Strategic Selling Skills, Tactical Selling Skills, Account Management, Large Account Management Practices, Negotiation Skills and/or any other formal business to business sales skills (not product) training.
- Team selling experience where the applicant was the selling team leader in national account situations.
- Exceptional listening skills.
- Strong proposal and presentation development, and delivery skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Experience achieving weekly sales activities guidelines (number of sales calls, proposals etc).
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office tools.
621 E. State Hwy 121 Suite 400, Coppell, TX 75019
Return to main Careers page.