Cooperative Account Manager
The Cooperative Account Manager (CAM) is responsible for promoting the NRP Cooperative Program nationwide. Working with NRP contractor network and public sector - purchasing and facilities personnel from cities, counties, K-12 and non-profits. The CAM will be responsible for identifying and supporting cooperative purchasing solutions for public sector participating agencies. The CAM will also work collaboratively with NRP contractor network to develop and implement strategies that drive increased adoption of the NRP cooperative contracts.
The CAM will report to the Director of Sales, Public Sector, live within the Central Region and should expect to travel up to 60% of the time.
- When travel opens, ability to travel 60% of the time
- Responsible for maintaining individual schedule and arranging travel plans for that schedule – Air, Car, and/or Hotel travel
- Work with local NRP contractor network within territory to strategize and motivate salesforce
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with NRP contractor network sales personnel and management
- Responsible for increasing volume through contract by driving value to agencies and contract compliance
- Schedule and attend in-person and virtual appointments with public agencies
- Develop and maintain relationships with public agencies in territory
- Foster purchasing and facilities relationships with all key departments within strategic accounts.
- Develop relationships with purchasing cooperative’s regional managers within territory
- Responsible for coordinating workshops & regional trade show exhibits with Director of Sales, Public Sector
- Maintain dedicated market research on latest legislation updates and purchasing trends
- Take comprehensive ownership of territory
- Engage Director of Sales, Public Sector for help and guidance when necessary
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must live in region within an hour from major airport
- Interest in thriving in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- Manage & stay within expense budget
- Great teammate who likes to work hard but have fun!
- Energetic and enthusiastic; comfortable working in a fast‐paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a remote environment
- Experience with a CRM system (TopBuilder)
- BA/BS degree, 3+ years of sales experience in sales and/or subject matter (roofing/facilities), public sector sales, a plus
- Ability to work independently and be self‐motivated, results oriented
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Relationship builder
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Outlook applications
Central Region, United States