Co-op Estimator - Dallas
The primary function of the Co-op Estimator (Cooperative Estimator) is to provide and lead full-service estimating for large-scale and complex projects. Projects will be varied and span multiple types of roofing contracts.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Attend all pertinent pre-bid meetings and review proposals and specifications to determine scope of work and estimate.
- Prepare estimates by using RS Means, experience with this software program is preferred.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Manage and maintain working documents and cost database on regular basis to support estimate figures.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Design, produce and finalize drawings and plans.
- Conduct roof surveys and meet with clients to assess requirements, take measurements, photos, and collect data to be used in plan.
- Contribute to team effort and work with other departments to assess rates to be used in estimates. Assist contracting department for preparation of inquiries, final bids, etc.
- Provide technical support and guidance to personnel as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Support Co-op Department with all facets of the estimating process.
- Review specifications, drawings, and details for all RFPs and RFBs.
- Provide line item estimates for all NRP projects (new construction or reroof).
- Construct written proposal with pictures, drawings and scopes of work for sales personnel to deliver.
- Perform in-person onsite inspection/take-off if required.
- Assist Project Managers in any way possible.
- Must be able to perform basic internet searches
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project and Plan Reading.
621 E. State Hwy 121 Suite 400, Coppell, TX 75019