Construction Manager - Dallas
The Construction Manager (CM) will lead multiple fast-paced telecommunication projects from pre-construction through close-out exceeding customer expectations. Construction Manager will represent the company performing site surveys, design reviews as well as being the customer interface on construction related meetings. Work with project management team to schedule the work and assign task to both internal and external crews. This position will also be expected to assist project management with recruiting new talent and building competent project teams. Responsible for leading, instructing and training all project crews. When included in NRP scope of work, the construction manager will be responsible for commissioning and integration of assigned projects.
- Managing assigned telecom projects including scheduling, reporting, vendor management and customer interface.
- Oversee construction field operations with supervision and oversight of field personnel.
- Responsible for Adder identification as follow up to preconstruction site walk, BOM validation based on site documentation (CD’s, MOD’s, PO’s, etc.).
- Coordinate and schedule field teams to ensure consistent productivity and on-time, high quality delivery of all assigned projects.
- Reviews the contract documents with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, government regulators, utilities) to ensure work meets our risk assessment and is completed on time and within budget.
- Responsible for understanding the project scope of work and sourcing appropriate local vendors that meet NRP requirements and state licensing requirements.
- Identify all deployment change revisions (DCR) during the Pre-Con Site Walk and during the build providing accurate estimates of labor and materials required to complete the revised scope of work (SOW).
- Forecast construction start and completion dates as well as identify issues that could cause delays and proactively document/report any delays or issues with project manager.
- Clearly convey information and provide accurate data for multiple projects as it relates to communication of project status, progress and risks.
- Collects and reviews all closeout pictures and reports/documents to insure first time approvals.
- Confirms and ensures building permits are closed and proper documentation is on file.
- Provide strong attention to quality construction practices and ensuring timely close out with no punch list items.
- Ability to climb varied structures; monopoles, self-supporting tower, guyed towers, controlled descent (rooftop mounts) to provide trouble shooting, survey, or training of crews.
- Ensure all tools, safety equipment and materials are in possession, secure and accounted for with each crew and market overall.
- Reports any and all safety non-compliance, infractions or accidents to safety manager and project management team.
- Validate and submit daily reports to client as required.
- Take and file progress photos on every jobsite.
- Update NRP tracker daily and maintain client’s tracker requirements.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant experience.
- Current Com Train or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue recommended.
- 5+ years’ extensive experience in wireless and cellular construction projects with ability to ensure high quality and safety standards.
- Skilled in reading and understanding construction drawings, specifications and permitting requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies.
- Familiarity with test equipment and techniques for performing testing and integration when required.
- Ability to function autonomously, working independent or support staff without formal direction, in a fast-paced environment with ability to manage changing priorities.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Demonstrates solid verbal/written skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools.
- Must have valid U.S. driver’s license and able to travel when required by project location.
- Bi-Lingual a plus.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 4-7 years experience
- High School education (at minimum)
621 E. State Hwy 121 Suite 400, Coppell, TX 75019