Accounting Clerk - Dallas
The Accounting Clerk performs professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions. This individual is responsible for the billing and collections, job costing, job related accounts payable. Additional responsibilities include data entry, maintenance of accounting files, and preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, and financial analyses, etc. This individual may be asked to assist with projects and general office support tasks when necessary. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Controller.
Average Percent of Time
20% • Handle and process all aspects of billing
15% • Process subcontractors payment applications
15% • Invoicing Clients through Portals and Direct Email for Sage Contracts
15% • Communication with Vendors and Clients
15% • Perform monthly close and related entries with VP, using Sage300
15% • Review of job cost activity ensuring consistent and proper coding with VP
5% • Generate Reports/Special Projects
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using Sage300.
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e., journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions. Job cost and construction experience will be key for this position.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must be proficient with Sage300, Excel, Word and Outlook applications
621 E. State Hwy 121 Suite 400, Coppell, TX 75019